Created Date: 07 Oct, 2020 11:13
Last Modifed Date: 05 Aug, 2021 14:21
Breaking changes V3.10
- The JOB_STARTED socket event message now includes the ImageCount. See the ScreenPro Direct User Guide for more information.
- Support added for NozzleOut compensation with justifications and offsets as defined in the ScreenPro Direct configuration file.
- Fixed a defect where 16-bit TIF input was not packed correctly to 8bpp.
Breaking changes V3.9
- The ability to generate pipeline metrics has been removed along with the associated
MasterControllersetting has been reintroduced to the JSON config. See the ScreenPro Direct User Guide for more information.
- The screen is now validated when PrintFlat credentials are supplied, so that incompatibility can be detected in advance rather than lead to print run errors.
SocketConfigurationstructure used by
spd_startupnow allows custom timeouts to be specified for acknowledgement (receipt of
SOCKET_RECEIVED) and the result from API functions. If left uninitialized, the original timeout lengths will be used.
PreserveInputFilenamesetting has been added, so that workflows using file-based input can output using the same name as the input file.
GET_LICENSE_VARIANTsocket command and
spd_get_license_variantAPI function have been added for querying whether your license is Standard, High Data Rate, or Ultra High Data Rate.
- Fixed a defect where 16-bit input would be output incorrectly when packed to 1-bit per pixel.
- Executable and DLLs now all have version numbers.
Breaking changes V3.8
PRINTFLAT_LICENCEsocket interface command no longer takes an expiry argument. Similarly, the
spd_set_print_flat_credentialsAPI function no longer takes an expiry argument.
- The capability to generate PrintFlat subscriptions and install PrintFlat calibrations has been removed. Contact your technical representative for assistance.
- Fixed a defect where the maximum drop was being retrieved for the wrong plane/channel.
- Now based on ScreenPro Core v3.0.0, which supports custom drop-curve mixing. See ScreenPro Core documentation for details.
Breaking changes V3.7
SET_YOFFSETsocket interface command is now SET_CROSSWEB_OFFSET and has different success and failure responses. Similarly, the
spd_set_y_offsetAPI function is now renamed to
spd_set_cross_web_offset. See the ScreenPro Direct User Guide for more details.
StartYOffsetIndexconfig settings is now renamed to
- Justifications and offsets for PrintFlat calibrations can be specified using two new settings in the Screening section of the JSON config:
CalibrationOffset. See the ScreenPro Direct User Guide for more details.
- Fixed a defect where the final plane could be sent twice using
Breaking changes V3.6
SCREENPRO_PASSWORDsocket interface command is now
SET_PASSWORDnow follows with
ScreenPro Direct Password Acceptedor
ScreenPro Direct Password Incorrect. See the ScreenPro Direct User Guide for more details.
SEND_BG_IMAGEnow requires a plane number and a boolean to denote whether a submission is a final plane or not. See the ScreenPro Direct User Guide for more information.
SEND_PL_IMAGEsocket command is now available. It is like
SEND_BG_IMAGE, with the difference being that there is no requirement to send FIFO data. See the ScreenPro Direct User Guide for more information.
PCMD_BIGIMAGEif connected to Meteor. When outputting to Meteor, in the JSON config update the
HeaderReservefield to 28.
- You can no longer specify
DropCountin the JSON config. This value is auto populated, based on the screen assigned to each raster. This can be (1) the global screen (defined in the config file), (2) a per image screen (defined in shared memory), or (3) a per job screen (defined in XML).
- Drop_Count_Output_Plugin has been removed. Use
CountLevelsin the JSON config for equivalent functionality.
- Meteor status structure is now updated with
Breaking changes V3.5
- ScreenPro Direct now has its own licensing, which is required even when not using the screening plugin. Replace all ScreenPro license strings in SPD config files with your ScreenPro Direct license string. As part of this change, the prompt for the password over the Command socket is now
Waiting for ScreenPro Direct password\n.
- Two functions (
spd_set_last_page)now replace the
spd_push_orderAPI function. See ScreenProDirect_API.h for more information.
- If an
OutputDirectoryis specified in the ScreenPro Direct config file, any drop count XML files to be written are created there instead of the current working directory.
- Drop counting is now enabled for any output plugin by setting
1. See the ScreenPro Direct User Guide for more information.
- The total page count is now available for use in the output plugin, providing it is set with the
- The actual page number for a raster is available for use in the output plugin, providing it is set in the Shared Memory
- The CMYK equivalent for the colorant/channel is written into the TIFF tag (
TIFFTAG_IT8CMYKEQUIVALENT), providing it is set in the Shared Memory
Breaking changes V3.3
MasterControlleris no longer an option in the JSON config; use the
TotalPlanesnow means the number of planes an instance is running, not the system in total.
- Tiff_Output_Plugin now creates an XML file (Job Description) for each job ID it processes.
- Fixed a defect where sending images to a specific plane would cause a Meteor command-sequence error.
- Added support for CentOS 7.4.
- You can now use the Meteor
SetParamXcall to give finer granularity on setting properties in heads. See the ScreenPro Direct User Guide for more information.
- API events for
- Meteor_Output_Plugin now runs on Linux (Ubuntu and CentOS 7.4).
- The Meteor Print Engine is now hosted to support the above on Linux, but can be optionally hosted on Windows. See the ScreenPro Direct User Guide for more information.
- Tiff_Output_Plugin now writes the X/Y resolution tags (if available).
- Meteor_Output_Plugin waits until Meteor hardware has connected during initialization.
- Asynchronous job status events are
Cancelled. These are reported over the command socket, as well as the C API event system. It allows more visibility into what is processing and what is finished. See the ScreenPro Direct User Guide for more information.
- Better support for Meteor single-channel mixed mode. Also supported with bar splitting. See the ScreenPro Direct User Guide for more information.
- Job cancellation is now supported. See the ScreenPro Direct User Guide for more information.
- Fixed an issue where a crash could occur during an abort sequence.
Breaking changes V3.0
Achieve configuration via a JSON file (rather than Windows INI). Configuration options are the same (see the ScreenPro Direct User Guide for more details).
- We now support Debian-based Linux distributions. Note: Not all plugins are available on Linux.
- In metric reporting, ScreenProDirect can measure itself and produce a metrics report at various levels of granularity (stage, thread, and so on). See the ScreenPro Direct User Guide for more information.
- We now provide ScreenPro PrintFlat licensing support.
- Performance and stability improvements.
- A C API for ScreenProDirect is now available, which allows C-style function calls instead of implementing the socket interface. The command and scheduler sockets are implemented; the status socket is still in development.
- All output plugins (that don’t implement a custom run method) are able to write level data if configured to do so.
[Output] WriteLevelsis the new config option.
Note: When turned on, this process has a big impact on performance, so we recommend that you use non-realtime workflows (TIFF, None).
Supported application platforms
The application is officially supported on the following platforms:
- Windows 10 Professional 64 bit (latest updates).
- Debian based GNU/Linux 64 bit (Tested on Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS)
- CentOS Linux 7.4
The following 64-bit runtimes are required:
- Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2015-19
- Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013
For Linux, LibTiff5 is required ("sudo apt install libtiff5 –y").
ScreenPro Direct is distributed as a zip archive.
The application requires a separate license or distribution agreement for ScreenPro Direct. Contact your technical representative for more details.
For more details, please refer to the ScreenPro Direct User Guide.
- No XML support on workflows with bar splitting.
- ScreenProDirect_API does not include status support.
- ScreenProDirect_API is not versioned.
- DirectSharedMemory_API is not versioned.
- DirectSharedMemory_API is not documented outside of example code.
- BufferLevel config option is no longer working (currently planned to be deprecated).
Meteor Version 4.04.32620 is linked and tested.
ScreenPro Core version 3.0.0 is included.