Created Date: 16 Mar, 2022 14:16
Last Modifed Date: 16 Mar, 2022 14:16
This page applies to Harlequin v13.1r0 and later; both Harlequin Core and Harlequin MultiRIP
This document provides information on the various application interfaces (APIs) distributed with the Harlequin RIP. The following information is provided:
- Color management module interface provides information on the background of color management, alternate APIs, PostScript language configuration together with some example workflows.
- Brand color editing API provides a description of the Brand color editing API provided with the Harlequin Core.
- Screening interface provides information on the modular screening interfaces to the core RIP.
- Pluggable font interface provides information on the module and pluggable font interfaces (PFIN), PostScript language configuration along with details on handling PFIN fonts, return codes and hinting.
- RDR and Event APIs provides information on the APIs used by the Harlequin RIP and Host Renderer to communicate with RIP plugins and skins.
- Timeline API provides an overview of the timeline system and its use together with information on hierarchy, the events system, progress, context and priority.
- The timer library , provides details on timer discovery, how to set a timed callback, change the timer period and terminate a timed callback.
- Harlequin VariData describes the describes the API for raster and metadata delivery for HVD.
- Tiling method API describes the tiling method API, which defines an algorithm to produce a series of device-space tile bounding boxes, given a page or element number, a device-space bounding box, and configuration parameters for the algorithm.
- Built-in APIs provides information on the built-in APIs provided with the Harlequin Core SDK including the Color Management Module interface and the Screening (Halftone) Module interface.
The information provided in this document can be used with various other sources of information described below:
- The Harlequin MultiRIP OEM Manual .
- The Harlequin Extensions Manual referred to in this document as [HQNEXTN].